This week feels like it has gone by quite quickly, despite the fact that it was a long week as well. If that's even possible! I think the reason why it felt like a long week was because I stayed at school most nights until late working on assignments and such. But I feel like I was just snuggled up in my bed writing my last post.... hmmmm....
Anyway, on Monday after school I stayed after class (which ended at 2:30) reading a dissertation on Censorship and Laws within the Russian Art Market. It was very interesting, and really informative. It provided a lot of information for my group project which is on the market for 19th Century, 20th Century, and Contemporary Russian Painting. The presentation is only supposed to be 25 minutes long and there are 6 of us in a group. It's such a broad topic, that our group is having trouble figuring out how to fit all of the information that we want to fit into our presentation. We will figure it out! We have a good group of people! But yes, I stayed after school for a few hours reading a dissertation and then went home to eat, because I was starving! I had gone to the gym early in the morning and had only eaten a granola bar and a sandwich, so by the time dinner rolled around, I was ravenous!
Monday night we decided to turn our heat on for the first time in the flat. Since we didn't really know what the heating is like in here, we turned it up way too high and I wasn't able to sleep because I was so uncomfortably hot. I don't like my room to be very warm when I sleep, so I was not very happy! So then the next morning I SLEPT THROUGH MY ALARM!!! That NEVER happens! Ever! I woke up to a bunch of banging around in the kitchen, thinking to myself that it was rude to bang around so much so early in the morning, especially when my room shares a wall with the kitchen! Then I heard Randi knock on the door and say "Sam? Are you in there? Do you know what time it is?" Turns out it was 8:50 and the latest we leave is 9:15. She wasn't sure if I had left for the gym or not because I was originally planning on it, but good thing she woke me! Then, when we get to the tube (later than usual) the Bakerloo was shut down southbound because of a fire at Baker street! Crazy! so we had to take the bus. Needless to say, we were late to class... for the first time this semester. It wasn't too bad though! Since I had missed my morning workout, I planned to go to the gym after class and then do more work at school. But after my workout I got distracted and ended up hanging out and talking to some friends instead of doing work. My friend Jen had just found out that she had a loss in the family, and wanted to go to the pub on the corner, so I joined her, along with my friends Tine and Angelique.
Wednesday morning lecture was cancelled, but I got up early anyway to work out and get to school early. I then met with my group for the Russian project, got some lunch, went to 2 excel workshops, and then went to the library for a little bit. It was a loooonnnggg day!
Not much to report on yesterday, Randi wasn't going to be around for dinner, so Alex and I went out for Thai food (Randi can't really eat Thai because she's allergic to peanuts).
Today we had a guest speaker in our Marketing class. He was probably my favorite guest speaker thus far, he was the owner of the Osborne Samuel gallery here in London. He had a real "no bullshit" approach to things and told us about his experiences in the art world without skirting around any issues at all. Obviously what he said should be taken with a grain of salt because you can look at things differently, but he has been in the business for a long time and definitely knows what he is talking about. It was very cool just listening to him talk about what he does, and how he runs his business and how it is his job to "add value to art because art has no value." It was very fine! Then after class I went with some friends to the National Gallery to see the Sacred Made Real Exhibit, Spanish 16th and 17th Century painting and sculpture. It was very intense, but I really enjoyed it. It was very cool! We grabbed a drink afterwards and then went our separate ways.
Randi, Alex and I had our usual Friday dinner date out and we decided to try the Elgin Bar and Grill nearby. It was really good, though my lamb cutlets didn't have much meat on them. I ended up eating a lot of potatoes though, which were DEEELISH! We came home and watched Glee and a movie. We decided to take it easy tonight. Especially since I think I'll be going out tomorrow night!
Alright, I'm going to head to bed. Tomorrow Randi and I are going to the Photographer's Gallery and then I'm going to school to do some work. After that I think we will go out with our friend Ali!
Anyway, hope all is well with all of you!!! xoxooxoxoo love and miss you all!!

No comments:
Post a Comment