Sunday, 8 November 2009

Woops! I had been doing so well with updating every few days, and then the school week got in the way of my blogging. Oh well! Not much to report on Tuesday and Wednesday except that on Wednesday Randi and I surprised Alex for her Birthday (which was on Thursday). We chose to celebrate Wednesday because Alex's special someone, John, came into town Thursday and we weren't sure what they had planned once he got in, so we thought we would do the roomie celebration on Wednesday. Randi and I bought her some new slippers (because hers are pretty worn down) and some socks from Top Shop and we also bought a sticky toffee pudding from Tesco, because she loved the sticky toffee pudding I got when we all went to dinner with mom. It was a very fine night! Then Thursday, John got in, and Alex left the keys for him to get into the flat while we were all in class, and when she came home from school he went to greet her and they got locked out of the flat for like 3.5 hours! When Randi and I came home, we saved them from the cold and got them inside. We then all went to dinner for Alex's birthday with her friends Trish and Kate at this cute place in Camden called The Engineer. It was a good night! I had fun with all of them!

Then Friday morning I went to the gym (after only about 4 hours of sleep), went to class and did a presentation where we were in groups and had to pretend we were art advisors for specific clients, and what we would advise our respective clients to buy at upcoming auctions or galleries. I, of course, at one point got all flustered and lost my spot and ended up saying something silly and turning bright red, but it was alright because our teacher enjoyed our presentation a lot. Also, it was an ungraded assignment and very informal, so it was alright that I got flustered... though I should probably work on my speaking skills hehe. After school, Randi and I went home really quick to have a snack, drop our stuff off, and then go to happy hour with some friends in Soho. We had a really good time (as usual), and at one point this guy from school that I had never hung out with before, showed up and told us about this club in the Elephant and Castle area. We all headed over there and stayed until around 3 a.m.! It was really fun because there were some people that we hadn't really hung out with before, and it was nice to get to know them a bit! I had been wearing heels all day and my feet were KILLING me by the end of the night. My toes are STILL kind of tingly and weird and it's Sunday afternoon!

Yesterday we slept in and hung around the flat until we went to Camden to celebrate our friend Kathryn's birthday. It was a really good group of people and it was a good, chill night. I like the bar we were at too, they played some really good music and it was a pretty cool crowd. We then tried to get into this club but it closed at 2 and it was already 1 a.m. and we didn't want to have to pay the cover charge just for an hour. Some people in the group decided they wanted to smoke hookah, so Randi and I hung out with them for a bit while they did that, and then went home.

Right now I'm being totally lazy, and it's pretty cold in my room so I'm staying under the covers. In a minute I'm going to try to start my finance assignment. It's not due until after winter break, but I want to get as much done as possible before I go home!

xoxoxoxox love and miss you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment