Thursday, 21 January 2010

Back in Londontown

Hello everyone!!
I am back in London after winter vacation, and my has a lot happened!!! Since most people who read this are people that know me, I'm sure you have all heard the news that James and I are now engaged! I'm very happy and excited!! It's going to be a long term thing because obviously I'm over here in London, he's in Boston, and we both don't have jobs yet. So we probably won't get to planning for a while. But it's still very exciting! :-)

I also got a tattoo with Caitie! They are semi-matching in that hers says MDC for "Mom Dad Chop" and mine says MDK for "Mom Dad Ketz." Caitie got hers on her wrist, and I got mine on my hip. It really didn't hurt that much at all, and I'm glad that I got it!

Winter break was great, I loved being home, and was sad, as usual to leave at the end... Though I do love it here as well, and was excited to get back. It's always bittersweet. But it was great to see family and friends and just hang out at home.

I got back to London on Sunday night after a fabulous weekend in New Jersey with the fam for cousin Josh's Bar Mitzvah. Randi and I met up at the flat, plopped our bags down, and immediately left to go get something to eat. Since it was 11 on a Sunday night, the only place open was the 24 hour Tesco, so we picked up a frozen pizza, a banoffee pie (banana and toffee and whipped cream..... yummmmm) and some fanta. We were starved. We stayed up until 2, talking and editing the 4 papers we had to write over break. The next morning we woke up, did some editing and organizing, went to get some breakfast at Porridge, came home, finished editing and put our papers together. The papers had to be turned in at 4 pm and we didn't leave the flat until around 3:15ish. We rushed in to school, turned them in to their appropriate boxes and then reunited with some of our buds. Later that night there was a program wide get together at Dirty Martini in Covent Garden for happy hour in order to celebrate finishing our papers and to say hello to everyone. It was really fun, and really great to see everyone again.

Yesterday was our first day of class, Management and Strategy. It seems like it will be very interesting and I'm very glad that my favorite professor from last semester will be teaching it. Wednesdays we don't have class, so after Randi and I grabbed a very fine pizza meal with Renee and Jen, we unpacked and stayed up late watching a movie. We had planned to go on an adventure today, but woke up late and felt so lazy and happy to be snuggled up in bed that we decided to postpone the adventure to just rest. It was good to have a lazy day.

Anyway, thats all to report for now, I'm trying to keep these posts shorter and hopefully more frequent. Time for me to try and get some sleep before day 2 of class: Valuation!

xoxoxoxoxo Love and miss you all!!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment