Saturday, 30 January 2010

On Anon

Hello!!! I know, I know, I've been terrible at updating... I swear, I will be better. New Years Resolution!

So the first two weeks of school have been good! I think this semester is going to be really interesting. I still need to order my books though... I've been caught up reading The Art of the Heist by Myles J. Connor Jr. He's a very notorious art thief who wrote a memoir about all of his escapades ranging from art theft to bank robberies and his Boston area Rock and Roll band. It's definitely an interesting read. After I finish this book I plan on finishing Seven Days in the Art World by Sarah Thornton. I started it last semester and never ended up finishing it. After that I hope to read the other books I bought myself throughout last semester, especially since I only have 3 days of class now.

So, last weekend I went to Amsterdam and met up with Aunt Elbie and Richard. It was really nice and it was good to hang out and walk around Amsterdam. It's such a beautiful city, I want to go back! I got some nice pics from when it was snowing if you want to check them out here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/samanthabs/sets/72157623308313566/

Yesterday in Ethics we had this assignment where we had to find an article about an ethical issue in the art world and discuss it. I chose an article about how people what to exhume Leonardo DaVinci's body to learn more about his death and such. Though a big part of the issue is that they are hoping to reconstruct his face from the skull (if it's left still in tact) and see if maybe the Mona Lisa is in fact a self portrait... you know, the theory from the DaVinci Code. Also I guess there is some theory that it might not actually be his remains in the tomb so they want to do DNA analysis and such. Interesting stuff, just thought I'd share it haha.

Class has been normal the past week though, not much to report really. Since we don't have class on Wednesday, I got up, went to the gym (later that usual), came back to the flat, met up with Randi, and we went on a small adventure to Edgeware Road to exchange some money and such. Then we went to Hatton Gardens to go get my ring resized, which was funny because every place was about to close and we found a place randomly and rang the doorbell, and I guess they normally just do commercial work, and they only let us in because they thought we were their 5:00 appointment! haha but they did it for me as a favor which was very nice. It was also a funny little trip because it was raining and I slid quite impressively on the pavement and caught myself before I fell... Though obviously I couldn't stop laughing about it the rest of the day.

Last night Randi, Alex and I met up with some buds at this club in Piccadilly Circus called On Anon. It was really fun, because it was some buds from Photography and Art Business. We boogied for a bit and then Randi and I were the only ones left because we wanted to stay longer. We ended up staying for a while and getting home at around 3:30. My feet were killing me and it took us forever to walk from the bus stop back to the flat because I was walking like Quasimodo. Randi was Esmerelda... just in case you were wondering.

Tonight we are going to some club on Liverpool St. called The Wall. One of Randi's friends is celebrating is birthday there so we are going to go and dance some more! Haha!

Anyway, sorry for the long post. I swear I will get better at this... I have to, I only have class 3 days a week now.

Love and miss you all!!! xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment