Bonhams had this incredible bust of the emperor known as Caracalla that was just impossible not to be drawn to. The Bonham's auction was actually this morning and I just checked the results online. Incredibly, this bust, which was definitely the star lot of the auction, did not sell! Otherwise, the Bonham's selection was not as great as the art at Christie's. However, Randi and I both liked the space that the Antiquities were set up in at Bonham's more than we did at Christie's. Also, Bonham's had it set up so all you could see on each piece was the lot number, so you had to have a catalogue with you in order to get information about the piece. Randi and I had to go back and forth across the room to see what the lot number was, look it up in the catalogue, and then read about it. Christie's, on the other hand, had information about the lot on little tags hanging from the pieces. Overall, Christie's had much more interesting stuff.
I looked up the results of the Christie's auction, which was on Tuesday, and there was a vase that was estimated to only go for about £2000 (as the high estimate I believe) and it ended up selling for £20,000 or something like that! So crazy! I'm definitely going to look further into the auction results and see whether or not the sale as a whole was a success (and with Bonham's too)!!
Alright, goodnight! I was meant to go to bed early tonight, but this never happens. Oh well! I'll sleep in this weekend! xoxoxoxox
P.S. WOW! 2 blog updates in one day!! That's a first!

No comments:
Post a Comment