So it's been a week since my epically long update. I thought I would give you all a rest haha!
So not much to report this week really. Randi and I didn't have class on Monday so we went to the National Gallery for a bit. It was nice! We wanted to do half the museum on Monday and then go back another time and do the other half, but we ended up getting tired after about a fourth of the museum, so we went to the grocery store and then went home. I think that was the night that we made Lamb Burgers with goat cheese and spinach. It was deeeeeelish!
Tuesday we had Art Law which was a pretty complex and intense lecture for our first day back at class. Many people were confused, but I took some pretty good notes and felt alright about the information. I then ran into Larissa in the student lounge and told her I would show her around my gym if she wanted because she was thinking of joining. So I brought her over to the gym and my new buddy was working the front desk. I don't know his name, but he is very friendly and always remembers me when I come in. So I showed her around the gym and then we walked back to school and ended up talking to some people outside for a bit. We were thinking of going to see the Anish Kapoor exhibit, but I was pretty tired and wanted to do some reading so we headed home.
Not much to report for Wednesday or Thursday really, same old stuff. Except for when Alex went to Ikea on Thursday night and brought home a desk. I met her at the tube stop and it took us a good 15 minutes to bring it back to the flat. We also had spaghetti arms for the rest of the night. Friday, Randi went out to meet a friend, Ollie for a bit, and I went to the Tate Modern to meet up with Sigal (a friend from BU)! She stopped in town on her way back to DC from Israel. She lived here for a year in 8th grade and her family has a flat here so she knows her way around. We wandered around the Tate Modern for a bit and then ended up hopping on a bus towards the Soho area. We then wandered into a pub and grabbed a drink before dispersing for the night. I had made plans to meet up with Randi and Alex for dinner. So I got home and Randi decided to stay out with Ollie for a bit longer and Alex and I went on a walk to St. Johns Wood to find this pub that Randi and I had gone to when Dad was still here. After getting distracted and turned around, we finally found the pub, only to realize that when I had been there, there was a cheaper lunch menu. When we got there, there were candle lit tables and much higher prices on the menu! So we left and walked back to Maida Vale where we decided to go to this Thai restaurant we had been wanting to try, but never had because Randi is allergic to peanuts. So we split a bottle of wine and had some Thai food which definitely hit the spot! We then went back to the flat and met up with Ollie and Randi and just hung out there for a while talking, eating cookies and drinking wine. It was a very fine night!
Saturday Alex and I went on another adventure. We were going to make a "quick" trip to Ikea just to pick up a desk chair for her new desk. We wanted to go early to beat the crowd too. We took the tube to the stop where there was a shuttle to the Ikea that runs every 30 minutes. When we got there there was already a huge group of people waiting for the shuttle that only holds about 15 people. So when Alex saw a bus that supposedly would take us to Ikea, we decided to hop on and give it a try. We had apparently gotten on the right bus, just in the wrong direction, so we got off and walked back to the tube stop where we were able to catch the bus in the correct direction. We then found a bunch of stuff in Ikea (I got a little baby blue side table for £5!) and Alex and I split some meatballs as a little snack! We then waited for the shuttle to take us back with all of our stuff, hopped back on the tube and went home. Our quick adventure ended up being much longer than anticipated, and left me with a monster head ache, though I did have a great time, I like my adventures with Alex... or our misadventures. Once I got home I promptly took some advil and passed out in bed for about 2 hours! We then had dinner and hung around the flat until I got a call from Sigal after she was done seeing a show. We then left the flat and met up with Sigal and her friend Symmie. However, once we got down there it was like 11:30 and pubs were starting to close. We grabbed a drink really quick in a pub in Leicester Square and then walked through Soho. While we were walking, a small incident occurred. Two men were crossing the street, and as one of the men tried to catch up to the quicker man, he tripped on the island in the middle of the road because he wasn't paying attention (and was probably pretty drunk). As he fell, I was walking past him and he swung his arm out quite forcefully and totally socked me in the jaw! It happened so quickly and was so strange that I didn't really know what happened until a few seconds later. Obviously I couldn't stop hysterically laughing! It was quite a thing, and it is still making me chuckle!
Anyway, this morning I woke up with a slightly swollen jaw and a small scratch on my face. My guess is that I will have a nice bruise by school tomorrow. Haha. It also kind of hurts when I chew and it hurts if I touch it. Crazy though, at least I can say I've been socked in the face now! It's a good story haha. And today we did our usual Sunday morning routine of getting breakfast out (we went to Porridge again this week and Alex and I split the brown sugar, cinnamon and butter porridge and the chef's special which was toast and this baked ham and egg thing with tons of bubbly cheese on top... I was in heaven!) and went to the grocery store!
Ok, thats it for now, I gotta go do my homework for tomorrow! I'll talk to you all soon! Love and miss you all! xoxoxoxoxo

Wow Sam! You are ready for the UFC!
ReplyDelete