Lately I've noticed that my bangs have grown quite long. Randi also said that they were starting to look a bit crazy... hehe! So I asked one of my friends, Hannah, where she gets her hair done here because her hair always looks fabulous. She gave me the number to the place that she goes and I promptly made a reservation for yesterday afternoon! I had gone with the intention of getting my bangs cut and a trim... though throughout the day I was kind of toying with the idea of cutting the length to about my collar bone. Anyway, when I got there, I told the woman my idea and she showed me how much she would take off (it was about an inch and a half, plus lots of short layers). Once she combed my hair, however, she said that she had an idea for a little bit of a shorter cut, and I gave her the go ahead. Anyway, I love the new haircut... It's just at my shoulders, maybe a little higher, with lots of layers! It's really not that short, just shorter than I've had it in a really long time! I'll definitely be going back there again!
Friday nights are when Randi, Alex and I go out for dinner. We plan our meals for the entire week at our Sunday morning breakfasts, and are very good at sticking to making dinner during the week so we treat ourselves on Friday nights. So we met up at this place called E-Bar nearby. It's actually attached to the hotel that mom stayed at when she visited! We had a nice time! There was a little bit of everything for us there because it was a tapas place but it also had a fixed dinner menu, so we had lots to choose from!
After dinner, Randi and I met up with Larissa to go to this birthday party a girl from school was having. She had invited everyone in the program but the 3 of us really don't know her that much, but we had some friends that were going and decided to meet up with them. She had mentioned to BYOB so Randi and I put a bottle of wine in my purse to share once we got there. Once we made the trek out there and got to her place, we looked in the window and saw that we didn't know anyone in there!! Our friends had already left! So we turned around and left without even going inside! It was already after midnight, so we took the bus back towards central London and tried to find a place to go. We ended up at this place near school that we had noticed stayed open pretty late. Once we got inside I knew I was going to hate it. It dirty and dingy and the music sucked and everybody in there was really creepy! This guy kept on following Randi and giving her a thumbs up. We ended up leaving after about 10-15 minutes. Randi and I decided that since we had a good time at this place Thirst once, we would try to find that. However, on our way there we decided to try out a new place. We got there and it was better than the first place, but it was also kind of a bust. Everyone was really, really drunk and glass was all over the floor because people kept on breaking glasses, and these guys came and were just falling all over the place... it wasn't the greatest situation on earth.
All in all, last night was our least successful night here, but the quest for fun was what made it fun. I think it was just that we had gone out too late and didn't really know where to go, so it culminated in crowded, sweaty places with lots of creepsters!
Anyway, not sure what we are up to tonight... I'm in extreme lazy mode, so we will see if I even do anything hahaha! xoxoxoxo love and miss you all!

No comments:
Post a Comment