Monday, 7 September 2009

First Day of School!!!

Well Hello!!

I just finished my first day of classes! So far so good! We had a lecture for my Art Markets class from 10-12:30 with a half hour coffee break in the middle. It was just a basic overview and introduction into the art market, but it was really interesting and it was taught by the guy that interviewed me on the phone! He was really cool and the lecture did not seem 2.5 hours long. Then after that we were split up into our discussion groups (I'm in the Picasso group) and met for an hour long discussion. The professor leading my discussion also happens to be my tutor (we all have a professor as our tutors here which is good!) and he is also into antiquities!!!! He seemed quite pleased to find that I was interested in that as well! He said that sometimes he gets together a group of people that are interested in antiquities for a study group once a week, and that maybe when we are in Berlin he will organize a trip to go see some antiquities there! I told him I would be interested of course!

Anyway, the other night Alex, Randi and I decided to go out for a little bit, since we had been hanging out in Maida Vale most nights. So we took the tube to Covent Garden and just walked around until we found a bar that was playing some live music. We went in there to find wayyyyyy more people than we had originally thought there was and glass all over the floor. When we started to get groped we decided to leave and find another place. We then walked down the road and found this really cool looking place, but I can't remember what it was called. We ended up meeting a really cool group of guys who would be cool to hang out with again! Most of them had to leave before we did so that they could catch the tube back to where they lived, but a few stayed behind and walked us to the tube station later. They were very nice, and one of them found us on facebook! It was a really good night and I was glad to actually go out and do something!

Yesterday we went to a cafe called Porridge and tried to figure out some more things before school started, i.e. books and such. Then we went and looked around a book store to see if it was cheaper to buy online or at the store. Then we just ran a few errands and came back to the flat, made dinner and did our homework!

So yeah! nothing much else to report really. I can't wait to get internet in my flat, especially now that school has started. It just makes everything more difficult without it, especially when professors contact you through email. I'm also kind of annoyed because in order to get a monthly plan for a phone, you have to have a bank card so that they can do a credit check on you, but every other company has to do credit checks as well, so I've already had a few done and they have been fine, but for some reason I keep getting declined whenever I try to get my monthly plan!!! Totally lame. I found a gym around the corner from school that seems really awesome. I'm still trying to decide if I should join or if I should go to the gym at the rec around the corner... though that one you pay every time you go... I'm not sure, we'll see!

Anyway!! Once I get internet I'll be able to skype and such, which will be good! Miss you all!!! xoxoxo

2 comments:

  1. very fine samalam. is there any way you can make the font bigger though? i feel like i need a zoom key lol.

    MISS YOU

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your classes sound so interesting! Definitely go check out the antiquities in Berlin! The Egyptian museum is reallyyyy cool! Looks like you found a kindred spirit in your professor! Yay!

    ReplyDelete