So this past week has been really good! I feel like I got a good idea as to how this year is going to be sort of laid out! Monday I had Art Markets, Tuesday I had Art Law, Wednesday I had Research Methodologies, Thursday I had Finance and today I had Arts Marketing! It seems like a pretty good spread!! I met some really nice people, which is nice, but a lot of the girls here seem to be kind of fake. Like they will say hi and be polite and civil, but its just clear that some girls will remain cliquey... which is fine, you get that everywhere so whatevs. Theres this one girl that actually lives a block away from us and she's been really nice whenever we run into her, but whenever shes with other people she pretends like she doesn't know us. It's just weird. No worries though, Randi and I have met a few really cool, laid back and down to earth girls. Hopefully we can all get together and hang out outside of class/school functions!
Tonight there was this organized walking tour trip (free bottle of beer provided) for the Art Business program. Randi and I signed up for it because it was a good way to get to know our fellow MAABs (MA-Art Business) and to see some areas of London we hadn't been to yet! It was really fun! The guy leading it actually split us up into groups and at each stop we had a task, and each task had points and whichever team had the most amount of points got a free round of drinks! The entire group ended up at the pub afterwards anyway, and we all seemed to have a really good time! At least I did.... hahaa.. Randi and I also met this really cool girl, Kathryn, and I hope we hang out with her more this year, because she was really sweet. While at the pub we met these guys that wanted us to go with them to this bar on a docked boat or something, which seemed fun, but it was getting late and we wanted to get home. It was a good night though, I'm really glad that we went.
Tomorrow I think Alex, Randi and I are planning on going to a few galleries and then later at night going out and doing something.... hopefully Kathryn will come too!
Anyway, just thought I'd send a quick update! I'm tired though, so I'm going to bed! Miss you all!!! xoxoxoxooxoxo
yay for internet! :-)

Hey Sam, I'm a lurk, actually, Kelly O made me a lurk, by giving me the link to your blog.
ReplyDeleteWell London is different from Ireland in some ways then. I haven't really met any fake people. Everyone here is overly nice and accommodating most of the time. It's a big shock compared to the U.S. But I'm used to it now, it's grand!
I'm just going to comment on your past blogs here:
I saw a huge portion of fish and chips the other day too! It must have been the entire fish, that thing was crazy. And yes, our version of chips are crisps here. I haven't seen any of the crazy flavors you mentioned but I have seen scorchers!
Oh and bbq sauce is called brown sauce here! Weird.
I'm jealous you have your own flat and wireless internet. I live in basically a crowded town house with 7 other people. Besides me and my roomie everyone is a freshman. And we have to use an ethernet cord to get internet.
London sounds grand, I hope you know the area well when I come in twoish weeks! :) I believe we're staying at the Park Inn Hyde Park in Lancaster Gate.
:) Kelly H
oh just to clarify, the only fake people (actually it was really only 1 or 2 ppl) I met were american... Londoners have been very nice and accommodating so far!
ReplyDelete