

Hello!
Today is a gloomy rainy day in London, and I have a cold, which makes it even more dreary. For some reason last night I couldn't sleep and I was thinking of taking a nap, but I don't want a repeat of last night, so hopefully writing an update will keep me awake for a bit.
So this past weekend was very fine indeed! Friday night I went on that walking tour with the school and was able to hang out with some cool people from my program. Then on Saturday, it was gorgeous out so Randi, Alex and I decided to head over to Portobello Market to stroll around for a bit. It was really nice, and I love getting out and walking around. Once we came back we made dinner and decided we wanted to go down by the water and see the London Eye. Alex, who is an official contributor to my blog now (hehe), got some great pictures that I posted above. We then went to this bar that was on a boat and went home. We were exhausted from the night before.
Sunday I got up and got ready to meet up with Ben and his mom and grandma. We met at this pub next to the Tate Modern and shared a pitcher of Pimms (deeeelish!). We then went to lunch at this other pub, which was really good as well. We walked around for a bit and ended up in Covent Gardens. After trying to decide what to do we ended up walking into a pub, which just so happened to be the pub I had gone to on Friday night with the people from school! I just hadn't recognized it because we came in through a different entrance! It was pretty funny. Ben's friend met up with us there, and then after a bit I decided that it was probably time for me to head home and do some of the reading that had been assigned for the weekend. When I got home, Alex and Randi were making turkey burgers. They ended up being some of the better turkey burgers I've had... they were so good!
Now I'm on to my 2nd week of school! Yesterday was art markets again, which was interesting because we talked about how the market changed in regards to religion and history and such. Today we had Art Law and we talked about different things that might come up in a partnership and what kinds of contracts would be needed in different countries and so on.
Tonight Randi, Alex and I are making chicken parm subs for dinner. We have been making dinners together most nights, which I really like. It's been fun, and the food has been really good! Though we tend to use onions, garlic and spinach every night!
Oh! Yesterday I joined a gym! I'm very excited because it's literally right around the corner from where I have class. I'm hoping to go before lectures in the morning. I'm ready to get into a smooth routine, especially once I'm feeling better. Tomorrow we have research methodologies and a guest lecturer at lunch. Then I have my meeting with my tutor so that he can get to know his tutees better!
I'll try to update again in a few days!!! love and miss you all!!!! xoxoxoxo

Sounds like you are having a great time. Keep up the good work and make the most of it while you are there!
ReplyDeleteLove the pictures, Sammy! And, omg, I loved hearing about your food...lol. I want pictures of that next time. hahahahaha.
ReplyDelete